Monday, January 05, 2015

January Prayer Letter


Dear Praying Friends,

It has been quite a year for me personally as well as for the ministry of Speaking4Him. I feel overwhelmed that God would allow me to serve him in the way that he has over the past year. He is so good!! “Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.” Psalm 75:1

2014 started off with a bang as one of the roughest winters in Michigan history placed us tightly with in its grip.   It made it difficult to get out of the house and at one point I was Housebound for nine days in a row. I am so thankful that my podcast schedule was not dramatically affected by this, but more on that later.

2013/2014 School year marked my third year of being a discipleship leader at the Potters House Christian School. It was by far the hardest year yet, but looking back it was probably the best. I did a lot of growing and stretching, and because I had to reach out for help I deepened my relationships with several of the people I got work with!  In the current school year I added subbing to my responsibilities as a 4th/5th and middle school discipleship leader.

Winter did indeed turn to spring and I was reminded once again why I have never left Michigan.  Spring is beautiful here in the Mitten state. Summer is even better, though I must say that even the summer was a bit cool.

The past year my monthly ministries have included being part of teams that do Services in The Kent County Jail, Mel Trotter Mission, and Rest Haven Homes. It is an honor to be used in these places and the gratitude from residents is evident in each place. I am so blessed to work with friends and family in these endeavors.

In September The Speaking4Him Podcast celebrated 100 episodes and is quickly closing in on 120 straight Fridays of encouragement for the Christian life. So blessed to be able to work with my co-host Adam and to have the continued support of the management of WJQ in Zeeland. I hope to be able to continue the Podcast for a long time to come.  I also still have a desire to work in live radio. Please pray with me about this.

I am very thankful for Grace & Truth Christian Fellowship and Holland Gospel Chapel who have encouraged me spiritually and financially as well as allowing me the privilege of ministering the Word of God on a regular basis. I am always looking for more places to proclaim the Truth, so if your church is interested in having me speak feel free to contact me on my website www.speaking4him.com

 I was privileged to speak at a couple other places and to receive some generous individual donations.  I was very excited to be able to get some much needed repairs to my van and it looks great!  To everyone who has supported me with their prayers, friendship, and finances this year thank you!

Pray for me that 2015 would conform me even more to the image of Jesus Christ. I also am praying for even more churches to speak at and a greater level of financial stability as the Lord wills. I am glad to know He has all of these things figured out.

My prayer for you is that this Christmas season has been a blessing and has given you a renewed appreciation for what God has done for you.  Jesus was born with his eyes on the cross because we couldn’t save ourselves!

My hope is that you will “Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;” Philippians 1:27

I hope that you will be very blessed in 2015 and that I get to see many of you throughout the year to come!

Keep Serving The Best of Masters,

Andrew Gommesen

No comments: