Monday, November 10, 2014

Election Aftermath

Ben Carson 
So the 2014 election is in the books.  Overall I think it went pretty well.  It seems that the country had a great desire for change and Republicans took The House and the Senate. My hope is that those who have been elected on conservative Judeo Christian Values will stick to their guns.  Be assured that I realize that elections are not an end-all be-all.  That being said, I think it is important to realize that there are other countries whose citizens only wish they had the right to choose their leadership.
Here are some disappointing facts about last weeks’ election
·         In many counties, less than 50% of eligible voters cast a ballot.  When you consider the founders vision of a government “of the people, for the people, and by the people” this is a sad commentary.  It is important for citizens to realize the sacrifices that were was made so that they can have the right
·         Many state wide offices and state level offices went fairly conservative, yet we elected yet another ultra-liberal United States Senator who may very well be in office for 30 years.  How did this happen?
That leads into my next observation.  A few days after the election Ben Carsen announced (basically) that he’s running for President in 2016.  I know there’s a long time between now and then and I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself, but I wanted to address one thing that is already bothering me since this came out on social media.  People are already saying he’s not electable.
I just want to say this. WE THE PEOPLE decide who is electable.  Unless we get that through our heads we will continue to put up subpar semi-conservative candidates who won’t be good at articulating their views and will be wishy-washy when it comes to embracing godly standards in their quest for the White House.
We have a great opportunity in our country to choose our leaders and I think we need to get behind men who seek to honor God.  We may just find that someone “unelectable” can in fact get elected.  I know the world is waxing worse and worse, but to me that is a call to shine even brighter for Jesus Christ. 
In closing remember that “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.” (Proverbs 29:2)  What does that mean to you? 
Speaking4Him,

Andrew Gommesen       

No comments: