Tuesday, January 17, 2017

January 2017 Prayer Letter

Dear Praying Friends,

I am able to write this letter a little early because I have an unofficial snow day today. My road is too icy and therefore I am stuck home. I’ve been working since the first day of school this year at the Potter’s house Christian high school. It has been an extreme blessing to have a paid position where 
I’m able to work every day with people I had already come to know and love.

That is actually one of my main prayer requests at this time. To elaborate, when I first got this job it was intended as a temporary position doing fire watch/safety officer duties during the construction of the remodeled high school campus. It has become so much more than that to me. Last Friday, I discussed my future with the superintendent and he asked me if I would be willing to raise support on the behalf of the Potter’s House to help cover my salary.

I will include the website for the Potter’s House at the bottom of this letter. If you choose to make a donation please write my name on the memo of your check. I would really appreciate your support as I understand the budget constraints that this small Christian school is under, but I also want to continue to minister to the kids there as well as to be gainfully employed.

I am extremely excited about the vision our school has for the future and I want to be a part of it. I look forward to being even more hands on with the students in the classroom through substitute teaching and other forms of teacher support. Please prayerfully consider assisting in this endeavor.

Things are going well in other areas of my ministry. I continue to speak at Holland Gospel Chapel once a month. We should finally be done with my in-depth study of the book of Luke by the end of 2017. From there I am hoping to preach on the book of Acts. I also continue to minister at the Kent County Jail, Mel Trotter mission, and Rest Haven Homes monthly.

I have the privilege of addressing the Saints at Sunset Park Church of God this past fall and I look forward to being with my friends at life Bible Church the first Sunday in February. Please continue to pray that I will prepare and preach the messages that God wants me to with the power that comes only from his Holy Spirit. I am always actively seeking new churches at which to preach.

As we move into the spring and summer months, my prayer is that I would be busier than ever. The best part about being able to retain a school position is that I would be able to spend more time in the summer months on ministry.

The van I purchased last summer has been a great blessing. It is almost halfway paid off. Thank you to all those who have donated, and please know that any further donations would be greatly appreciated!

Please also continue to pray for the production of my podcast which is fast approaching 250 episodes! So thankful to God for this incredible opportunity!

Thank you so very much for your continued prayers. They are truly important to me! Every day is a lesson in trust and I don’t always do a good job at this but God is faithful!

Serving the Best of Masters,

Andrew Gommesen

“Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;” Philippians 1:2-5


No comments: