Monday, January 17, 2011

Reflections...

As I sit here three weeks into 2011, I wanted to let my readers know that I appreciate each of you. I hope and pray that God has encouraged your heart by what you have read. My hearts desire is to be His Mouthpiece. I’m not perfect. I make mistakes.

I would like to ask that you would pray for me as I seek God for direction regarding this blog. I want to be writing faithfully, but I don't want to be just spouting off for the sake of seeing my words in print. For this reason, I have a couple of questions for you, the reader. Are there any particular posts that spoke to you in a specific way? Is there any particular topics you would like to see me address in the weeks to come? If you could take the time to seriously consider these questions, I would appreciate it.

I would also ask you to continue to pray for me. This year was full of ups and downs. In some ways it was very difficult. If you're anything like me you have (or have had at some point in your life) the impression that if you do what God asks of you everything will work out the way it's supposed to. While this is very true, it quite often takes a form quite different from what we expect.

Please pray for me as I seek God's will for my job, my ministry, and other important aspects of my life. I don't think God ever intended for a man to minister on his own. Please pray that God will bring the right people into my life to help me continue strong in my ministry and to make it even more vital than it is today, and I would not forget to thank him for those who already are!!

I am trying to rest in the following promises of God “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” (Romans 8:28-29)

Speaking4Him,
Andrew Gommesen

No comments: